Monday, August 29, 2016

Motivational techniques to use

I've been a bit behind in my blogging because school started last week.  My weekly post deadline had blown past me before I realized I'd missed it.  At least I had a good excuse - my work, if that is a good excuse.

It looks to be a busy year, but I'm pretty pleased to see the students I'll be working with this school year.  I'm plowing through more classic novels because the curriculum's changed a bit, and even with all the reading I did over the summer, it'll be hard to stay ahead of the class. I hate to say it, but I've been going online to read summaries of some of the ones I haven't read yet, in hopes that at least I have a basic idea by the time we get there.  No one likes to lose respect for their teacher so early in the year.  Preparation is key, right?

Speaking of preparation, did I mention that someone signed me up for a 10K?  I'll call this person my soon-to-be-ex-husband, who insists that since I trudged through a race before, I should be able to do it again.  So I'm spending my early, early, EARLY morning hours circling the track at school in the slowest possible jog that I can.  My only hope is not to embarrass myself, but hopefully, embarrass the soon-to-be-ex so that he'll apologize and tell me I can skip the race.  So far it's not working, but he did promise I could get a new phone or a FitBit if I complete the race with him.  I'm a sucker for gadgets, so right now that's what's motivating me.

I better get that in writing from him.  Or pre-order something now.  One needs motivation, in a race or school, and I find that bribery or humiliation tend to be helpful.