Friday, April 22, 2016

S is for seriously??

Dear Ask a Teacher,

My school doesn’t offer a study hall, and it sucks.  I mean, when am I supposed to get my homework done?  Teachers say I should do it at home, but I have sports and then I just want to relax because school is stressful and we all need a break.  If they want us to get our work done, why don’t they give us a study hall?

Signed,
Steve, who wishes that teachers and principals were more understanding

Dear Steve,

I can totally sympathize because if you don’t have time to do your homework, your grades will be below C level.  Get it? 

Maybe we don’t have study hall because the teacher doesn’t want to take attendance – she’s absent-minded!  Get it? 

Truthfully, Steve, I’m not sure why we don’t have study hall.  Maybe it would be helpful for students, or maybe they would spend all their time goofing off and joking with the teacher about his car.  That’s what they’re saying to me when they point out my spare tire, right?  My students love to kid around with me. 

Well, Steve, try and get your homework done, because if you don’t do it, you’ll be punished for something you DIDN’T do!  Get it?  That’s a good one.

Signed,

Mr. Crooks, who wishes that the A to Z blog challenge could include more jokes