Friday, April 15, 2016

M is for multiple choice... just so many choices

Dear Ask a Teacher,

I got this test back, and on number eight, you counted it wrong when I marked B on the multiple choice.  I actually meant to mark D.  Can I get credit for that?  That way maybe it’d bring my grade up to passing.

Signed,
Jimmy, who knows you know what he meant


Dear Jimmy,

I can understand how you might be in a hurry and accidentally mark the wrong answer.  The question asks what type of figurative language is being used in the line from the poem.  You marked B, which was “color,” an obviously wrong answer.  But D is wrong too because it says “meter,” which isn’t figurative language.  The answer is A, “simile.”  Did you mean A, or did you want me to mark it D?  I can do either because it’s up to you.  But did you really meant A on the multiple choice?

I know you want to pass this test.  I overheard you telling Andrew that if you finally passed a test this semester, your mom said she’d buy you a new iPhone, and I’m sure you don’t want to miss out on that! Plus the principal will be so happy all my students passed!  Although, I’m not sure if you’ll pass, because you got a 36 on this open note, multiple choice quiz… Don’t worry, your grade will be fine.

Just remember, I’m always glad to help you out, because it’s cool.  Check out my last answer on the A to Z blog challenge if you’re not sure!

Signed,

Ms. Mayberry, who’s not uptight like the other teachers